SOLVED Slow after waking up from sleep

Reaction score
I have a Surface Book with Win 10 Pro, Ver. 10.0.19042, build 19042, core I7 with 16 GB of internal memory and SATA hard drive on which I have manually updated every driver. After the 19042 update the machine works fine; apps such as Outlook and Chrome start very fast (much faster than on my desktop). However, once I close the lid (or let it sit) and it goes into sleep mode and I reopen the computer, all apps including outlook and chrome take forever to open. Chrome to about 13 min and Outlook about 16 min just to show the startup screen and after 28 min Outlook had actually opened up but Chrome had not.

After about a month of this I did a Windows Reset (keeping my old files), but the problem is the same. Actually the same thing happened on my Dell Desktop with an almost identical configuration so I switched back to the 18363 build and that fixed the problem.

Still, I'd like to be running the most up-to-date Win version (on both machines) but it looks like I need to go back to the 18363 build on my Surface Book as well. Are others having this problem? I there some kind of fix? What's going on?

Bob

Reaction score
Hi brankin,

I don't have one but suggest you start on the MS support pages or maybe another forum member can help you.

I don't use sleep/hibernate myself, I simply shut my computers down when not in use. If you don't need to stay connected to a network server, that is what I would do after making sure that all sleep/hibernation settings are off, simple solution. :)

Reaction score
Thanks
I have done that, but it does not address the real issue that sleep does not work in the latest version of windows 10.

Reaction score
Hi Brankin,

sorry but I cannot help you further, there are plenty of complaints about sleep/hibernate not working and like I said, I don't use it myself so have never had the problem myself. :)

Ask a Question