SOLVED Smart Defrag 6 Pro

Reaction score
This program I believe takes too long to defragment. When I downloaded it about 3 or 4 years ago, it was a lower edition.
But it only took about 15 to 20 minutes to defrag. Now it takes 1 hour 15 minutes. I do not know where to start to solve this. I do not want to start deleting files and not know the consequences. Can someone steer me in the right direction? When my computer is slow to start up or programs to load, then I know I have to run CCleaner and Smart Degrag 6.
I use the following programs to check, clean or uninstall my files:
1- CCleaner pro.
2- Norton 360.
3- Iobit uninstaller
4- A dos application called sfc/scannow
5- Smart defrag 6 pro
Hint: Can my router be the cause if I am streaming a movie?

Reaction score
I think I may have solved it. I checked for my activation code and all I got was a license code. So I figured it was same thing. Then I noticed at bottom of page a note showing the license code and a register link.
So not sure what is going on, I clicked on the link.
Then I ran a fast defrag and it performed the operation within minutes. Then I ran the optimize tool and that operation was performed within minutes. So the only thing I can think of is that something must have happened to the registration process that was my fault. So the question arises, why did this software run if it needed to be registered?
So tomorrow near the end of day, I will run both regular defrag and optimize tool together and see if the program runs in a much shorter time.

Reaction score
The system might take long to defragment because there's a lot to defragment, which means anything used to do that wasn't scheduled or didn't run as scheduled.

Reaction score
2- Norton 360
Hi,

one of the biggest resource hogs on a computer are AV apps like Norton, I would un-install it and use Windows Security (Defender), it is built in and does not use much in the way of resources!. Windows Security has improved a lot and can hold its own against other AV apps!. :)

Test antivirus software for Windows 10 - October 2020 | AV-TEST (av-test.org)

Also, do you have an SSD or is it HDD?. ;)

Windows 10 & SSD - to defrag or Optimise ? | Windows Community

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
This program I believe takes too long to defragment. When I downloaded it about 3 or 4 years ago, it was a lower edition.
But it only took about 15 to 20 minutes to defrag. Now it takes 1 hour 15 minutes. I do not know where to start to solve this. I do not want to start deleting files and not know the consequences. Can someone steer me in the right direction? When my computer is slow to start up or programs to load, then I know I have to run CCleaner and Smart Degrag 6.
I use the following programs to check, clean or uninstall my files:
1- CCleaner pro.
2- Norton 360.
3- Iobit uninstaller
4- A dos application called sfc/scannow
5- Smart defrag 6 pro
Hint: Can my router be the cause if I am streaming a movie?
Please list your system hardware specs.

It depends on your HDD type and size....if a mechanical drive. Large drives with a lot of data can take hours.

My suggestions for software deletion: Anything by Iobit - known to be a resource hog and cause OS issues. Smart defrag 6 pro....get rid of it and use Defraggeler by Piniform, the people that make CCleaner or use Windows built in defrgger.

Reaction score
The main reason it is slow is because you have a low speed HDD, "Hard drive 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA"!. Time to change to an SSD and you will see major improvements in speed!. :)

Reaction score
Thanks Wolfi, I'll look into it.
This morning I decided to try windows defrag and optimizer and it took about an hour to perform both operations. This makes it nearly the same performance as Smart defrag pro. So I decided to delete Smart defrag pro and use windows defrag for the time being and its free.
Now if I can find a local tech to convert my laptop to a SSD, I'll be back in business.

Reaction score
Now if I can find a local tech to convert my laptop to a SSD
SSD's are plug & play, you just need to pull the old one out (back up all your data first) and either clone your current drive or do a fresh install of Win 10, you do not need the licence key if you do a fresh install!.

How To Upgrade and Install a New Hard Drive or SSD in Your PC (howtogeek.com)

Where it asks for your licence key, simply click on "I don't have a product key" (Your copy of W10 has a digital signature and the key is not necessary when doing a fresh re-install unless you are using a different version of W10!). :)

Keep us posted please. :)

1610741507617.png

Last edited:

Ask a Question