SOLVED Snipping Tool

Reaction score
I always use the Snipping Tool in Windows 10 but since they cancelled it and replace with Snip & Sketch I HATE it.
When I have a page that I want printed I just use to use the old Snipping Tool, select the area I wanted to print then print it.
I cannot seem to do that with the new one, I could save it to desktop etc but I still want to print it and not go through another process to do this.
Can anybody please let me know if there is a free app anywhere that I can download.
Many thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Rhea.
Don't forget to incorporate the short cut (Prntscrn) Try and get used to it! The new tool as more possibilities.. As you have found, two clicks and you are printing!
I confess, I really like it.:D

Reaction score
Hi Rhea.
Don't forget to incorporate the short cut (Prntscrn) Try and get used to it! The new tool as more possibilities.. As you have found, two clicks and you are printing!
I confess, I really like it.:D
Many other thanks will try it.

Reaction score
Having trouble with the Snip & Sketch, it doesn't seem to be reacting to my commands. I still HATE it! Just to print a list it takes about nine procedures, whereby the old Snipping Tool took much less.
All I want it to highlight & print.
Any way I can bring back the old one please??

Reaction score
Five clicks to get to the print selection. 1.prnt scr (reccomended shortcut) If you only want a rectangle, it is there by default - no selection required.
2. select your area
3. Click your snip
4. Click the three dots - top right.
5. Print.

Five simliar clicks with the old tool.
the old tool is still in the Start menu, by the way.

Reaction score
I apologize for being so late in replying.
The Print Screen does nothing, it flashes on then off.
The old Snipping Tool is still working but will not allow me to highlight the area that I want printed.
If I use the Logo/Shift/S then I get the Snip & Search. I have to select it, crop it, tick it, three dots - print.
Still do not like it but will have to accept it.
Many thanks anyway davehc.

Reaction score
The shortcut must be set up.
It is quite simple. Open snip and sketch - select the menu, top right three small bars.
Select Settings

Then:

1602747558650.png

Reaction score
Nice part I like of Snip and Sketch is the ability to capture popup/popout/flyout context menus that otherwise close when doing something.

Reaction score
I have done as you said and made Print Screen the shortcut.
When I select an area it disappears! I have always used the cursor to shade the area, how do I select an area?
Sorry, I just cannot get this thing to work.
The old Snipping Tool is not working unfortunately.

Reaction score
Hold down the left mouse key and drag your rectangle around the selected item. If you are only needing the rectangle, then you do not need to choose it as your shape, as it is the default and will be there for you, automatically.
Your "Snip" is now on the clipboard, and can be pasted into anything (This page, for example)

1602839165799.png

It remains on the clipboard until you delete it, or overwrite it. For convenience, I use the built in "Paint" program to paste into.

Reaction score
Just an update on this.
Tried everything - nothing worked.
Print Screen - no luck.
Logo/Shift/S - no luck.
Went into the Start Menu and searched and clicked Snip & Sketch - SUCCESS!!

Many thanks for all the help that you have given.

Ask a Question