Software and USB will not work

Reaction score
I have a ASUS notebook, running McAfee Enterprise edition fire wall and anti virus. I have run windows 7 Professional, for several years with the same software with out a problem. I installed the aniversary edition of windows 10, since that time I have been unable to connect and run programs through the USB plugs. Canon software to transfer pictures into the computer, use the Lexar card reader, and Garmin software to load and down load maps from GPS.
I have worked with a program I found to "make exceptions" to windows 10 to allow programs through. I have been able at times to use the Lexar card reader which opens Canon EOS program to transfer photos.
The built in card reader no longer opens or recognizes cards in it.
I am about to the point of reinstalling 7 Professional.
Thank you
Richard

Reaction score
Right click on the Windows Start Button, and select Device Manager. Are there any entries with a yellow exclamation point next to it? If so, you may need to update your motherboard drivers. What model ASUS notebook?

Reaction score
upload_2016-10-10_22-30-5.png

MF 6500 is my fax, print and scanner
N76VZ

Reaction score
OK never did get the drives running. Now Outlook does not run. It showed thousands of un-read emails. I looked at there were a lot of "news groups". After i deleted them now outlook does not run.
I tried to correct it with the DVD disk, and the CD ROM will not run. Does anyone have any ideals?
also forgot, updates to the computer will not update, I tried to update drivers and it says it can not.

Last edited:

Ask a Question