SOLITARE GONE. MS STINKS.

BML

Reaction score
OK, my Solitaire has gone and I read that is as a result of Windows familiar incompetence and their familiar habit of ignoring their paying customers so what can we do about it. Could we try a prosecution under the sales of goods act?

Reaction score
Which Solitaire are you talking about? The w7/W8 solitaires have disappeared on every release since forever but they are easy to get back.

Reaction score
Which Solitaire are you talking about? The w7/W8 solitaires have disappeared on every release since forever but they are easy to get back.
Right, those games can be reinstalled easily and doesn't take long. I have them on a dozen machines and only 1 is refusing to run after install. I did see a couple other issues so am doing a System Reset, if that doesn't fix it I'll do a clean install. The notebook is a castoff I managed to resurrect so I'm only out my time [doesn't count as I'm also watching the TV]. The games do get removed when installing a newer Version Upgrade such as going from Version 1709 to Version 1803 or Version 1809, etc., but seldom get bothered when doing the Build updates.

Reaction score
As Tim asks - Which Solitaire.? Not sure what the others are, mentioned in this thread, but I play the Ms collection daily challenge. Whenever there is a massive update, it is still there and even fetches my scores so absolutely nothing is lost.
Few are in love with Microsoft's actions, of late, but where did you read, quote, "I read that is as a result of Windows familiar incompetence and their familiar habit of ignoring their paying customers "
I think I am in the main stream, but, since the (free) conversion from earlier OS's to Windows 10, I have never had to pay for anything??

Reaction score
Follow-up: System Reset didn't change anything so I went with the Clean Install, got Version 1809 Build 17763.253 installed from MCT USB then updated to build 17763.437, the Win7/8 games are working now and some other niggling issues seem to have been fixed.

Last edited:

Ask a Question