sony trv18e

Reaction score
hi, i recently acquired an old sony trv18e minidv camcorder. i hadn't used firewire in long time so i had to make a few adjustments. after a time i got my old plaque working. but it doesn't no matter what get to read the sony camera. it works perfectly with a Panasonic MD10000 with which i can download tapes but can't get it to read the sony one. does anyone has any idea why this might be? thanks

Ad

Advertisements

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
driver issue maybe?? although as old as that one is, you might not get Windows 10 drivers. Take a look here anyway:

thank you. i had those installed already. they're mainly for usb but it only works to download for the 8mb memory stick.
as inunderstand having a working firewire plaque and cable any camera should be readable via that port?
when i connect this one it says on the camera screen dv in which is the function it had to connect to a vhs to dub tapes... i don't know if there's a way to switch it manually to out. couldn't find yet.
thanks for your answer

Ask a Question