Sound problem

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem with my sound on Windows 10. Sound works fine on Chrome (Youtube, etc.). When I launch a game, everything works fine, too. But, after a while (ca. 5 min) sound drops (everything is silent) while using the headphones. When i unplug the headphones sound in a game works fine longer, but after ca. 7-8 min the speakers start crackling and the sound is something like shaky. When I minimalize the game and try the sound outside the game, sound is good. Went back to the game, the sound problem persisted.
I tried to reinstall all sound drivers (uninstall via device manager and restart my notebook) and the problem is still the same.
What should I do?
Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Marek,

take a look at the following link which also has more links in it. Hope it helps. :)

Reaction score
Hi Marek,

take a look at the following link which also has more links in it. Hope it helps. :)

Unfortunately, this didn't solve my problem :(

Reaction score
Hi Marek,

have you looked on the manufacturers website for soundcard updates, also, have you checked for a BIOS update?. :)

Reaction score
What about the physical cable connections....are they fully seated.
As Bass states above, if it is a PC and not a Laptop, is the Soundcard (if a slotted type), sitting correctly, if you moved the computer around, it may have come loose?. ;)

Reaction score
As I posted, the problem appears with the headphones and without them, too. So, problem with cable connection is not.
It is laptop...

Reaction score
Hi Marek,

what make and model, we can look on the web for reports of sound failure. :)

Reaction score
Asus TUF Gaming FX504GE
Download the BIOS (check your version first) from the following link, you can also download the manual and find out more about your laptop, just make sure you select the correct model number as there are a couple of differences!. You want the FX504GE model BIOS version. :)

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
So, problem with cable connection is not.
It still can be....and internal connection may have come loose or cable from speaker to mobo is damage or pinched, the embedded sound chip could be going bad. It could be any number of things internally.

Ask a Question