Sound drop problem

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person that prefers to google their problem in order to solve them,
but it seems that sometimes you just can't find your specific problem and gotta ask yourself.

I already solved half of the problem so that's a start.

Since I upgraded from W8 to W10 I've been experiencing a lot of sound fluctuation whenever I'm watching videos.

At first, when I would start something, there wouldn't be any sound (aside from the faint bass coming from my bass booster).
I would get the sound back by increasing and/or decreasing the sound, it would suddenly just start working again.

Then if I was to skip a video, the sound would be extremely high, and I would also resolve this by playing with the sound levels.

Yesterday I was able to find a solution for the sound increasing problem by going in the Speakers properties and unchecking Immediate Mode. But that's all. The sound still drops whenever I start a video or if I pause it for some seconds.

I thought that a clean install would resolve this, but it didn't.

I found a lot of threads similar to my problem but nothing that was quite it.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Well if you've Googled everything in advance it is probably difficult to suggest something you haven't seen or tried, but.
Right click the speaker in the notification area of the taskbar and choose "playback devices"
Select the "Communications" tab from the top menu bar
Tick the "Do nothing" radio button and click OK.

Capture.PNG

Ask a Question