Spooling service not starting

Reaction score
I installed windows 10 and now my brother HL-L2380DW doesn't want to print. It keeps on saying "Print spooling service is not running" Someone can help me to resolve this problem?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you checked the Services Management Console to see if it is running or if you can start it manually and if it is set to Automatic?
Right click the start button and choose Run and in the Run dialog box type
services.msc
hit enter or click OK
scroll down to Print Spooler and double click it, set it to automatic and click the start button.

Reaction score
I have had the same error, on fresh and reinstalls, with older printers. The service, in all cases, was still running. I eventually got the printers working.
First, check that there is not a queue in the printer options. That must be cleared.
Go down to Windows/System32/spool/PRINTERS/ and , if there is anything in there, rather than delete it, move all to a safe place. See if the printer now works.

If not, My next option was to remove the printer entirely, reboot and then try a reinstall. I do believe that MS are slowly breaking links to the old Control panel, so I would recommend you try the install through the Settings.

Ask a Question