SOLVED Start up not happening

Reaction score
I was having some issues on my Toshiba C655-S5505 laptop under WIN 7 so I updated to 10 and it did fix the wireless adapter issue I had, but now it does not start up unless I go into repair mode and either choose 7 Disable Driver Signatures or 8 Disable early launce anti-malware protection.
It does not do it permanently and I cannot find where to turn these off. Once it is up it runs better than it ever did on 7, but who wants to do the repair every time? It also does not see the CD-ROM anymore, but I could live with that if it would just startup. I have spent more time on this one than any other machine I ever had to repair. If I had hair, I would put it out.

Reaction score
You can try using your Windows 7 Recovery disk and let it load and then go to the CMD prompt and enter the following:

BootRec / FixBoot
BootRec /FixMbr

It worked work me when I had boot problems.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
7 Disable Driver Signatures or 8 Disable early launce anti-malware protection.
Do you have now.... or had in the past a third party Security Suite / Antivirus installed on the machine (Avast, Avira, AVG, Comodo, McAfee, Norton, Vipre, Zone Alarm, etc., etc.,)??
If so consider removing it completely using the programs and features applet in the control panel.... Then follow that up with the vendor specific, proprietary removal tool to remove all remnants.
Just google (Norton removal tool, McAfee Removal tool, AVG removal tool) you get the idea....
Start with that.

You may also have to remove (from device manager) and disconnect any hardware devices that are using unsigned drivers

Ask a Question