SOLVED StartIsBack / Same configuration for all users profiles ?

Reaction score
Hi

I want setup StartIsBack on a domain environnent. So, i've import the group policy template. Unfortunatly, not all options (at all...) are available.

Is there a proper way to have the same configuration for all users profiles using the gui configuration interface ?

Thanks in advance.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Could you clarify what you mean when you said, "So, I've import the group policy template".

As I understand it, StartIsBack is a non-native application to Windows 10, provided for those interested in modifying their Start menu.

Are you saying you imported a Group Policy that comes with this non-native application, or are you referring to the Group Policies Microsoft supply with Windows 10 Professional, Enterprise editions?

I'm not sure whether you are aware, but, on a side note, Microsoft are making some major changes to the Start Menu which will likely make StartIsBack highly inefficient ( unless its Creator re-codes the application ).

As of Windows 10 version 1903 Microsoft changed the Host file for the Start menu. Previously, the host file was ShellExperienceHost.exe, but the Start menu now has its own unique Host file: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, which has been done to make debugging issues simpler, but has the added benefit of insulating the Start system from effecting other surfaces in the operating system when things go awry.

As a result of these changes, ( as well as future changes not yet released ) some Group policies provided by Microsoft will become null-in-void (i.e. they'll be deprecated).

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question