SOLVED Startup pictures location

Reaction score
1. I press the computer start button.
2. The little HP logo pops up for a few seconds.
3. A nice picture fills the screen and has the date and time.
4. I press any key.
5. The pin request block opens on top of the nice picture.
6. I enter my pin number and the picture disappears as Windows 10 starts.

I want to know where the pictures are stored n the computer.
I can't find them.
So, does anyone know where they might be hiding?
Thanks for reading
jrj

Reaction score
those are the LOCK SCREEN pictures. if your lockscreen picture is the same as your wallpaper then take a look here:

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes

If you have the spotbright pictures (default) they are here:

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets

the files in this folder are pictures although they do not have an extension

Reaction score
@Grizzly - Thanks for the reply. But, I do not have the AppData under "C:\Users\my name\AppData\ . . .". I can't find AppData anywhere.

Reaction score
WAIT! I found it. And I found the files.
Again, thanks loads, I really appreciate your help.
Mark this as solved, I will.

MMK

Reaction score
WAIT! I found it. And I found the files.
Again, thanks loads, I really appreciate your help.
Mark this as solved, I will.
I have the same question (this has been the clearest-worded question on this issue), and for me the answers have not solved the problem. The "Assests" folder has only four old images from among the lock screen images I have had in the past, and I get a turnout of a different lockscreen image every few days - even 2 or 3 days sometimes. If the Assets folder is the only location, I should have a huge number of these images. But I only have a handful from 2021, and the rest are from 2016!!!!

Can there be another location on my system, and is there an online page in which Microsoft stores these images, and can we have some kind of access to them, or permission?

Reaction score
I have images in 2 Assets folders, some are duplicates. Most over 100KB are scenics. Went to C:\Users\MyNameHere\AppData then did a Search for Assets.
The files don't have an extension but Open with and Windows Photo Viewer worked to view them. Later I'll use a third-party file manager to bulk add the .jpg extension.

Ask a Question