Lost Win 10 Startup Screen Pictures

Discussion in 'Customization' started by Brian M Kochera, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Brian M Kochera

Brian M Kochera

Somehow I managed to cause some of the Win 10 awesome start-up screen pictures to be replaced by blanks. I was able to replace the blanks with some of my own pictures. But how do I get the original Win 10 pictures back in the "slideshow" of the start-up screen?

Brian

Brian M Kochera, Jan 10, 2017
    1. Advertisements

2. Brian M Kochera

Ian Administrator

Hi Brian, do you mean the lock screen pictures (when you are at the log on screen)? If so, can you please go to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen and then select "Windows Spotlight" from the background dropdown box. That should do it :).

Ian, Jan 10, 2017
    1. Advertisements

3. Brian M Kochera

Brian M Kochera

I mean the picture you see when you power up or reboot that has the computer icon in the lower right corner.

Brian M Kochera, Jan 12, 2017
  4. Brian M Kochera

peterofware

I have also lost Windows10 start-up screen pictures not replaced with blanks but with one of the pictures but it now never changes. But how do I get the original Win 10 pictures back in the "slideshow" of the start-up screen? I tried the suggested method of personalisation but "lock screen" was already set at "windows spotlight" . Any other ideas please?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    peterofware, Apr 15, 2018
  5. Brian M Kochera

Bighorn

Bighorn, Apr 15, 2018
  6. Brian M Kochera

acerguy

Peter, are you aware that the Lockscreen Background has a drop down list? As Ian said above, you can select "Slideshow". If your computer only has "Windows Spotlight" with no drop down alternatives, I'm not sure why. Cheers..

acerguy, Jun 11, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question