Lost Win 10 Startup Screen Pictures

Reaction score
Somehow I managed to cause some of the Win 10 awesome start-up screen pictures to be replaced by blanks. I was able to replace the blanks with some of my own pictures. But how do I get the original Win 10 pictures back in the "slideshow" of the start-up screen?

Brian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Brian, do you mean the lock screen pictures (when you are at the log on screen)? If so, can you please go to Settings > Personalization > Lock Screen and then select "Windows Spotlight" from the background dropdown box. That should do it :).

Reaction score
I have also lost Windows10 start-up screen pictures not replaced with blanks but with one of the pictures but it now never changes. But how do I get the original Win 10 pictures back in the "slideshow" of the start-up screen? I tried the suggested method of personalisation but "lock screen" was already set at "windows spotlight" . Any other ideas please?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have also lost Windows10 start-up screen pictures not replaced with blanks but with one of the pictures but it now never changes. But how do I get the original Win 10 pictures back in the "slideshow" of the start-up screen? I tried the suggested method of personalisation but "lock screen" was already set at "windows spotlight" . Any other ideas please?
Peter, are you aware that the Lockscreen Background has a drop down list? As Ian said above, you can select "Slideshow". If your computer only has "Windows Spotlight" with no drop down alternatives, I'm not sure why. Cheers..

Ask a Question