Still learning

Reaction score
Hello All from Ballinderreen Ireland, Just finished a self build PC with the help of this forum, my first attempt and it fired up first time, well pleased, I look into the forum for interest and education thanks to all the supporters who take time to respond.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's great news @Hanselin - really pleased to hear it's up and running :D. Welcome to the forums!

How did you find the self-build? Did it go smoothly?

Reaction score
Hi Ian, Yes I suppose I surprised myself, whilst we were and still are in covid lockdown here in Ireland I read so many magazines, bought a good few books and watched YouTube on all aspects of the build, set myself a budget and began buying in the components, well the budget went out of the window pretty quick but as I wanted to future proof the PC I did'nt mind. Once every thing arrived I took my time to familiarise my self with the assembly procedure it took about a week, installed Windows 10 Pro and pushed the button...I was more astonished than my wife who was waiting for the puff of blue smoke to rise........delighted :oops:

Reaction score
That's great. No matter how many PC's you build, you're always learning. I've been building my own since about 2004, and I'm still learning. It's definitely rewarding when it boots for the first time. Ironically I bought a pre built PC for the first time since 2002, just because of the parts shortage and cost. But I can't wait to build another. Enjoy!!!!

Reaction score
I applaud you for taking on this tremendous task. I have build all my desktops myself and always had the difficult task to find the right components so everything is working well together. A big portion of luck is always needed to buy the 'right stuff' . My oldest now is 18 years old and runs on Windows 7 (later OS won't run). For some old games I have it is still usable......

Ask a Question