SOLVED Is the 8GadgetPack app still safe to use with W10

Reaction score
A few years back when Windows 10 was released I posted a thread inquiring about using sidebar gadgets with Windows 10. I had forgotten I posted a thread back in 2016 here until I came across this thread while searching if anyone had posted any recent threads on this forum on, sidebar gadgets. At the time several members had suggested for me to use 8GadgetPack. I never had any issues using this 8GadgetPack on my Windows 10 laptop; I have become dependent on it (although that might sound weird), but I love it! Hence, when I updated my Windows 10 this month to version 2004, I immediately received a message stating that my sidebar gadgets have been removed from my computer & cannot be used with this version of Windows 10. There was a message in my Action Center with the option to learn more. Because my Action Center does not cooperate with me, I wasn’t able to learn more regarding this matter. My computer/laptop is going on to be 8-years & minor things have stopped working. Such as, my Action Center will only quickly open & close & there are no tiles on the bottom anymore. I’ve been told the only resolution to these issues is to reset my computer. At this time, those issues are unimportant to me; mainly because I dread having to reload the many-many apps I have on my computer. I’m sorry, this is for another conversation.

I digressed from the purpose of this thread. The app, 8GadgetPack is still on my computer, yet I have not to open/use the app since the 2004 update. I’m just wondering if I were to start using this app again will I be bringing on more computer for myself? As I said, I think this computer is getting close to its life’s expectance, so I’m kind of leaning on taking the gamble—use the 8GadgetPack & see how the computer reacts. I’m just looking for someone’s opinion, but I’m of course to make decision

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Yes, the latest version and also there are a few new people creating gadgets. Addgadgets has not updated his gadgets for several years now so not sure how safe his are. Same for the original MS Gadgets. Lgogo "Helmut Buhler" has updated all his and improved several commonly used gadgets and continues updating them https://windows10gadgets.pro/

Reaction score
I am still running the 8gadgetpack V 30.0 on my machines without any issues, although after every feature update MS thinks that they are not compatible and are being disabled. However it will be a enable link created so nothing actually is lost. Have not tried the V 33.0 yet

Reaction score
I want to kindly say thanks to everyone here for their responses & suggestions. I did update my 8GadgetPack to it's latest version. Next time I'll know just to ignore Microsoft's messages.

Ask a Question