SOLVED Dell update . Now im unable to open many apps .

Reaction score
Just couple of hours before i updated some dell updates which took 1 gb (approx) . When i restarted my laptop , i couldn't open the microsoft store. Later after troubleshooting and trying to find any mistakes ...... i found that the apps are looking like this .... n my file manager went to default settings . Even my windows setting...... my doc ... everything was gone .... pls help me

Attachments

• IMG-20200614-WA0052.jpg
    IMG-20200614-WA0052.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 178
Reaction score
Sorry for that info .... its not of one update . I had those for a week n it roughly too 400mb,200mb,20,10mb etc .
And basically its a new dell laptop

Reaction score
so ..... actually the problem is solved . I had to reset the laptop(dell win 10) coz it was a new one i had very few software . It took 5 hours to reset now the apps are working properly

but i dint mark it solved coz i need to know if anyone had same issue n knows the solution

Reaction score
I don't know sounds like one or more of the updates got corrupted. Were these update VIA Support Assist update? I have that uninstalled from my notebook 13 7386 I have uninstalled both Dell update and Support Assist. I do use Dell Command update 3.0 this a manual update tool. It looks for updates and then allows me to update or not. I like the not part as I will then go download any update that I'm leary of and manually install them or not. I do BIOS update using a USB Thumb drive and F12 boot. So far no issues updating. I just don't trust automatic updating. So may issues in the Dell forum and other companies. I also manually install any Windows 10 Feature upgrades and have them block on my computers. I do it's using gpedit you have to have a Pro version of windows to access this tool. but windows itself now will let yo block feature updates until your ready to install them.

Reaction score
If you did 1 GB of updates and that too from Dell you have been fooled.
Dell does not release updates for Microsoft Windows.
Also, Microsoft does not release 1 GB updates for anyone out of the blue.
Get an IT technician to check your PC.

Reaction score
If you did 1 GB of updates and that too from Dell you have been fooled.
Dell does not release updates for Microsoft Windows.
Also, Microsoft does not release 1 GB updates for anyone out of the blue.
Get an IT technician to check your PC.
Not quite correct. If you have the Dell support assistant installed ( they slip it in without notice), then you get offered updates for all their ohardware when available , But 1gb is unlikely. But the op has declared the problem solved

Ask a Question