Strange Printing Problem?

Reaction score
Hi everyone it's been a while.

I'm trying to print an important and somewhat long document.
It looks fine on the screen, but when I print it some lines of type come out in an outline type font instead of Times Roman.

So I tried changing type faces, no help, I tried saving the document as a PDF file, no help, I tried opening it in InDesign and finally I opened the document in Word pad which removes all the formatting.

Remember it always looks fine on the screen.

I then opened the text document in Indesign not Open office where it was originally composed.
I then reformatted the whole thing and exported it as a PDF.

It still came out the same way!

It doesn't always come out with the same lines changed.

I'm using a Cannon Printer.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?
I don't have any other Ideas except typing the whole thing over again.

Mike

Reaction score
Canon is pizzy about drivers, - also what canon printer? what are you trying to print from? (Edge? FireFox, some print manager or PDF)manager or what. and if you composed with Open Office - Im sure the conversion to Indesign might be the issue. ... I do not use either program mentioned. but I do convert Word to PDF can also export-import to and from different and no issues.. but then I always use Print Preview. so to see the actual page to be printed. some clients i recommend they get PaperScan then they can import and convert and then see exactly what in preview prior to printing...

Reaction score
Hi

I can try updating the drivers but it has worked fine for a number of years.
It's Cannon MG7700 I use it very seldom but it normally works.

I'll see if there are newer drivers, but it's really weird as a printing issues, you would expect it to just print what it is sent, not come up with another type face mixed in.

Mike

Reaction score
Ah I have a Friend with the same... What I did to fix her issue, was Revo uninstall to complete Uninstall it, reboot 2 x to make sure it was 100% gone, then do a clean Install of and use the Web Install Driver.
seems it is rather easy to corrupt. with Windows 10 updates. found that AV causes that issue.... and Delete or Uninstall it and all drivers, then reinstall fixes that problem

Reaction score
Hi

Thanks I'll give that a try, it's really weird because what ever I did the document would still print out weird even though every app on my computer would open it correctly.

Mike

Reaction score
It is not what they see that matters, it is what prints that counts. and one never knows. what or why, but many printers today it only takes a full uninstall and clean re install.

Ask a Question