Stuck in Facebook and can't close

Reaction score
On Facebook, I clicked on a post and when I tried to close it, a message popped up and asked "Are you sure" and the window with the message is small and I can't scroll to bottom to close the message and go back to FB other posts. After restarting, it's still there. Help!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Either use the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keyboard combination or right click the taskbar to launch Task Manager.
Either way
Check the Processes tab for the errant application, right click it there and choose "end task"

Reaction score
Sorry for a stupid question but when I find the task manager, how do I know which is the errand application. When I clicked on the Facebook post I realized it was a recording and I tried to go back to the main Facebook posts but then the message popped up and said Wait - Do you really want to leave the page? I tried scrolling down to say I wanted to leave but I can't scroll down far enough to click the reply. I can't close that pop-up page and the computer is just locked up. I have a similar problem when I hit Control P to print and I can just barely scroll down to click print.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IDK.... I assume it is probably a browser, I have no way of knowing if it's IE or Edge, or Firefox or Chrome, etc., etc.
as you mentioned Facebook, I just assumed it was a browser involved, but I guess it could be the Facebook app, if you have that installed.

It sounds to me like you have your screen resolution set too low or your "Change the size of text, apps and other items: set too high

Reaction score
If you’re having problems go into tools and reduce the percentage or zoom size of the page, that may reveal the box you can’t see.

Reaction score
If you are having this issue on a pc browser, then I have the same thing. I can't close the emojis. It because facebook want's everyone to use the app on the mobiles where you can't block their cookies and trackers.

Reaction score
If you are having this issue on a pc browser, then I have the same thing. I can't close the emojis. It because facebook want's everyone to use the app on the mobiles where you can't block their cookies and trackers.
Have you tried uninstalling FB on your PC and then downloading it again by searching for ’Facebook For Windows PC’ ?

Reaction score
This won't make an iota of difference, you see if they can't drop their priority cookie on your browser which let's third party users in, then they'll make it harder for you to use..it's been going like this for a year now since they changed from old blue facebook to the new mobile look.
Screenshot (2).png

Ask a Question