Stuck

Reaction score
I am a stuck on installing windows PC will start several times. I an stuck at 64%. Is there anything I can do. Been stuck for several hours now.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Priscilla and welcome to the forum.
We see a fair amount of questions regarding the install getting stuck at random percentages.
My advice is to relax and don't panic.
Give it some time. IF your computer has a hard drive activity light you might want to observe that and see if it is indicating any activity which might suggest that there are still things going on.
I might also recommend that you disconnect any and all unnecessary peripherals from the computer, especially any USB dongles that support wireless devices (keyboard, mouse or any USB Wireless network adapters).
Substituting a USB wired keyboard and mouse to complete the installation.
I've seen some suggestions that recommend even disconnecting the Ethernet cable has allowed the installation to continue and complete.

There is a troubleshooting guideline article (I wouldn't go there yet) here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...p-errors/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683
That suggests
Installation fails or becomes non-responsive at certain point during setup 18%, 62%, Driver Migration, Applying Settings.
Power down computer.
Wait 10 minutes.
Start computer.
Setup will automatically restore your previous Windows 10 build or previous version of Windows.

Launch command prompt with administrator privileges.
Press Windows key + X
Click Command Prompt (Admin)
Type the following command:
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
Hit Enter on your keyboard
Exit command prompt
Restart

Try updating again.

Method 1: Run the Windows update Troubleshooter and check if it helps:
Press “Windows + X” and select Control panel.
  1. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
  2. Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
Again, I'd save that as a last resort if it were me.
Did you take steps in advance to safeguard all your critical data with a backup, maybe even creating a disk image so you have a strong fall back position?
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/upgrading-to-windows-10-dont-do-it-stop.9578/

Ask a Question