SOLVED Successful Windows 10 Upgrade

Reaction score
I just purchased a miniature computer (3"X6"X1") with Windows 8.1 and upgraded it to Windows 10. From my post box to Windows 10 desktop took exactly one and a half hours. Of course I had a couple of hours in tweeking time after that. I do not have any problems so far. It is updated, activated, protected, personalized, and running fairly cool. I am on my couch looking at it on a 40" TV screen through HDMI and Pandora is streaming music.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes. But I do have some complaints about the miniature pc so it is not perfect. First; even though it does not feel hot to the touch, the CPU core temps are high when streaming video (89 C.). Second; the BIOS does not have a Fast Boot option or an Ultra Fast boot option. So, unlike my other pc which gets to the desktop in 8 seconds, this one takes much longer.

Reaction score
see if the following can help...................
Power Options > left side, Choose what the power buttons do > click Change settings that are currently unavailable > scroll down to Shutdown settings > check the box Turn on fast startup > click Save changes when done.

Reaction score
I see that option and it has a check but it does not allow me to change it so I assume it is set as you suggest.

Reaction score
I see that option and it has a check but it does not allow me to change it.

If it has a check already then that's what you want............ to make the computer boot faster.
It does not allow you to check it because you did not click the "Change settings that are currently unavailable". Yes ?

Reaction score
I just purchased a miniature computer (3"X6"X1") with Windows 8.1 and upgraded it to Windows 10. From my post box to Windows 10 desktop took exactly one and a half hours. Of course I had a couple of hours in tweeking time after that. I do not have any problems so far. It is updated, activated, protected, personalized, and running fairly cool. I am on my couch looking at it on a 40" TV screen through HDMI and Pandora is streaming music.

How much disk space do you have left ?
33 GB like you said in the other thread, or this is a different tablet ?

Reaction score
I disabled several startup processes like Ccleaner and the start up has improved. It was nearly a minute but is now under 30 seconds. Not fast but acceptable. Still it should be 10 -15 seconds.

Ask a Question