SOLVED System comes around by itself from hibernation

Reaction score
I used to hibernate my desktop (by pressing FN + F1 keyboard keys) , it used to remain in such state until I touched the keyboard or my trackball to awaken it.
But two weeks ago it started to come around without touching anything.
Searching the google I found a suggestion and edited the registry Key : hkey_local_machine\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon and modify PowerdownAfterShutdown and changed it to 1 (it was set to o). It does not work.
What else I can do ?
Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you have many USB devices attached to your system? It may sound a little strange, but if you could unplug them all and let your system go to sleep and see if it still wakes up by itself. If it does not, try plugging them in one at a time until the problem stops - you can then troubleshoot that device or disable it from being able to wake the system.

Most times I've seen this problem it's because a mouse or other peripheral is unexpectedly waking things, so this should help narrow it down :).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There are also various software constructs called "wake timers" created by the OS as well as other software that can wake your PC from sleep as well as hibernation.
You might want to check scheduled tasks to see if there are any of those that might be causing your issue or just turn them off and see if that helps.

Reaction score
if I choose to check "Allow Wake timers" > Setting = disable , will this setting affect trackball and keyboard ?
If that´s the case my desktop console has not any external button to allow me to wake up the system.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Nope.
Just impact's wait timers that are actually software events.
Has nothing to do with physical input devices.

Reaction score
Solved : back to Ian's answer I switched a pen drive from the rear USB port to the console front port.
don´t know where is the bad contact , in the port or the pendrive (?)

Ask a Question