SOLVED System Imaging Question

Reaction score
Is there a program available that would let you schedule weekly system images and store multiple different images on a single external USB drive in Windows 10? I understand that you can do this manually by naming each new image differently such as "Copy-1," "Copy-2" etc., but a program that could be scheduled to do this automatically would make life easier. Ideally, I would like to make a system image of my C drive (my OS and programs) and my D drive (output or created data) each week and then also create a separate backup of my D drive and its files so I could select an individual file to retrieve. I have read that it is possible to retrieve an individual file from a system image, but it seemed to be more difficult than doing it the way I mentioned.

Reaction score
Yes, there is one available: Macrium Reflect. You can download the free version, as I have done. I created a schedule where every third backup will be a full backup, all others will be differential backups. The only thing you need to remember is to leave the computer on with the usb drive attached to it when it is time for the backups. (I do full backups every 4 weeks and differential every week). So far I never had an issue with it.

Reaction score
Yes, there is one available: Macrium Reflect. You can download the free version, as I have done. I created a schedule where every third backup will be a full backup, all others will be differential backups. The only thing you need to remember is to leave the computer on with the usb drive attached to it when it is time for the backups. (I do full backups every 4 weeks and differential every week). So far I never had an issue with it.

Thanks. I appriciate your reply.

Ask a Question