System Password Invalid?

Reaction score
SYSTEM PASSORD WILL NOT ACCEPT. Please help me to bypass because I have used this password for a month. Ow it is telling me password invalid and only allows me 3 attempts then I have to shut computer off :(

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi Kara,

Welcome to the Forum.

A couple of things you should check when you are on the Sign-in page:
  • In the bottom right corner of Sign-in page there are three icons. Check whether the first icon is displaying the language you normally use. If this has changed your keyboard layout would have changed meaning that when you type your password, it may be typing characters from a different set, that are not the actual letters you are typing.
  • Check the keyboard itself. It's easy to accidently press the Caps lock button or Num Lock and not notice. If either of these are currently activated, when you type your password, you may be typing in all lowercase, or all uppercase, or some of the letters in your password (with Num lock activated) may now be digits.
  • Also check your keyboard to ensure no other keys are literally stuck down which can upset what you are typing in.
  • Also check your keyboard (if a wireless one) is actually running. The battery might be flat.

Report back on any success or continued issues if none of the above appear to be the cause of the issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Further to @Regit post You could also try swapping out the keyboard with a known good one.

Ask a Question