Systems password

Reaction score
Originally when opening my PC it rejected my password . I do not have a password disc. I managed to gain access to the cmd screen and reset my password. Afterwards l am prompted for a systems password however I am u able to type in the input box. What needs to be done?

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Have you recently allowed someone to take remote control of your computer?
Can you use a smart phone or digital camera to take a snapshot of the password prompt you are seeing so we can better understand the problem.

Reaction score
Per your request: picture of monitor.

This appears after restarting or just a cold start. Computer will not allow me to enter a password even if I knew it.

Attachments

• IMG_20160608_070340.jpg
    IMG_20160608_070340.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 440

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Looks like a BIOS password.
Remove the AC, remove the MoBo battery, press and hold the power button to discharge the caps
Put the battery back on the motherboard, reconnect it to the wall outlet and fire it up.
See if that clears it.

Reaction score
I did as you suggested. I did receive more verbiage, see attached photo. I still could not enter alpha or numeric characters. I thought it might be the keyboard. Changed it still no input.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When you enter your system setup utility (BIOS), does your keyboard and mouse work.
re-setting you BIOS using the method I described above will almost always necessitate your going into the BIOS, setting the date and time correctly and maybe choosing to "Load Defaults" or "Load System Defaults" or "Load Optimized Defaults" depending on the wording.
IF you are using wireless input devices you may need to substitute a wired keyboard and mouse temporarily and if it is a very old board you may have to enable legacy USB, which is a setting on some very old motherboards.

Reaction score
The keyboard is wired. Mouse is wireless. No cursor is visible for me to use a mouse. I do have a wired one available.

Whenever starting the computer I have the choice of going to BIOS,F2 or Boot from disk. Doing nothing or choosing an F key all default to request for system password. Will Not accept input or any other choice is given.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
If you cannot successfully clear the system password by either using the clear CMOS jumper on the motherboard or by using the method I outlined above, then your only recourse might be to contact the system board manufacturer and see if they can provide you with a method to clear it

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000235.htm

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance. At this time it looks like I will need to contact the mother board manufacturer.

Ask a Question