After System Restore, Windows 10 not recognizing password

Reaction score
I have been using Windows 10 without any problem, until I did a system restore. When the computer rebooted, it would not recognize my password, even though it was correct. I have changed my Microsoft Account password, but that didn't work. I have the local account and the Microsoft account on the computer. Neither one accepts the password. I am using Windows 10 on two other computers without any problem. Any suggestions on getting the computer to recognize the password? I can't get past the login window to access anything.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello Mary J. and welcome to the forum.
Try using the On Screen Keyboard at the login screen and see if that works any better.
I suppose it's possible that the system restore might have cause an issue or otherwise corrupted some files associated with the keyboard you are using.
If it is a wireless keyboard, you might try a standard USB keyboard temporarily. Do you have a or any language packs installed?

Ask a Question