Ten Reasons Why I hate supporting Microsoft Windows

Reaction score
I have been supporting Microsoft Windows for 17 years and for the last 5 I have absolutely hated it. Here are my top 10 things I hate the most.

1) Windows Updates - To many times has an update to fix a flaw in the operating system broken something else.
2) SharePoint - Searching for information just plain sucks.
3) SMS/SCCM - Agent stops working. (Probable caused by an update).
4) Internet Explorer - Should be self explanatory.
5) Drivers - My personal Foe.
6) Disparity Between Identical Systems - How can two identical systems preform differently
7) Volume Licensing/Software Assurance -
8) Rebooting - Rebooting is like an enema...it seems to break free whatever is keeping the system for working.
9) User Account Control - Just another annoying popup that people ignore.
10) Keeping Windows Secure - The money and effort to keep Windows and data secure it insane

Reaction score
"for the last 5 I have absolutely hated it"

Don't get stressed! If Windows 7 works to your satisfaction, keep it and use it.

Reaction score
Hi Cum Sicario Disputabo,

I have to agree with @BigFeet as far as Linux goes, it too has its faults but it is a cheap (cost free) alternative to Windows, I use Kubuntu myself as a back-up system, it is fast and has many things in its favour including "No spying"!:

http://www.kubuntu.org/

Reaction score
windows 10 is crap , we know it , they know it but won't do anything about it . the fonts are limited as are the colours . i change fonts and colours but updates changes them again. cortana and edge are unwanted but we cant get rid of them . we cant control what is put on our computers unless we change ownership ( some us arent comp savvy ) , windows wipes apps that windows didnt put on . ''some settings are hidden or managed by your organization '' , sorry whos computer is it ? i want to know what the hidden ones are . i dont like the way windows has us by the balls and there is nothing we can do about it . WINDOWS 10 IS RUBBISH and they couldnt give a toss .

Reaction score
No matter what MS do on this issue they will not retain consumer trust on privacy data collection. It's most likely is another MS placebo effect.
It appears that MS want to be first with the dashboard privacy version before the other 3rd party vendors. This is good for privacy software competition, it will spur the 3rd party vendors to stay ahead of MS with better more advanced privacy software. Couldn't MS just as easily turned off the data collection.

The million dollar question; What will MS name the new privacy software. "Bond James Bond" the Fall (Autumn) guy. Or Microsoft P.I.
:):)

Ask a Question