SOLVED The forever recurring Microsoft Edge.

Reaction score
Hi.

In Windows 10, is there a final, definitive, once-an-for-all way to stop the stealthy reinstalling of Microsoft Edge in after uninstalling it?

I have tried everything suggested on googling the question, including a manual registry tweak, still it reappears day after day after day after day after day . . .

Thank you.

Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766)

Reaction score
No. Disable it in the startup table and try to ignore it.
It will be reeabled in subsequent updates,:mad: so hacking is a waste of resource. In Europe, (where I live), they have just introduced a law, to which M have been forced to agree, that all the "built-in" items must be full un-installable - great.😁

Reaction score
Thanks Dave. It's not in my startup folder, if that's what you mean (perhaps you meant MSConfig? but you can't change things under the startup tab there anymore) so I never see it, but the thing that gets my blood boiling is the unasked for reinstallation of software I obviously don't want.

That plus the fact that it takes up system resources as is evident when I run Task Manager.

I have been working with and servicing PC's since 1984, the original IBM PC, and of late it's more and more like my PC (which I paid for an is thus my property) is not mine to configure and do with as I please but rather a corporate asset of Microsoft.

As far as I can tell it all began with the UEFI replacing the BIOS.

It's time to switch to Linux for me I guess.

Reaction score
In the task manager, under the startup tab, you can disable it, so getting dome of your resources back. I have done this with some success, but I still het a nag screen when I first open (any) browser, suggesting I make edge my default.
But, like yourself, it irritates me when authoritues tell me what is best before I can get further. For example, how many letters and or numerals I must use in my password….etc

Reaction score
My TaskManager had no such tab as you can see in the attached image. Obstacles galore . . .
Taskman.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Right clcik the start icon and select task manager from the list.
On the top menu is "Startup"
1700802312248.png

Click there and you see:
1700802399800.png

Reaction score
Just noitced the title of your picture."Windows task manager". But isn't that from windows 7?

Reaction score
Right clcik the start icon and select task manager from the list.
On the top menu is "Startup"
View attachment 14521
Click there and you see:
View attachment 14522
No, my Task Manager window looks like this:
Taskman.jpg

if there on the top menu is a "Startup" tab, as in your image up there, I cannot see it. You also say 'Just noticed the title of your picture."Windows task manager". But isn't that from windows 7?

No it is not. My issue and version are Windows 10 Version 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1766) as reported when I run WinVer. But I'll tell you what Dave: lets just leave things as they are. I have tons of things that need attention and this is not getting us anywhere.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, but yet again the Corporatocracy wins (surprise!)

Ask a Question