Browsers take forever to load a site

Reaction score
I didn't go to Chrome or Firefox help because both browser are acting the same. I can't understand what's going on. Normally, I have no wait for pages to open. I click on my login and the page flashes open immediately. I am now waiting as much as 1+ minutes for a page to open. I tested my upload/download speed and it gave a ping and all of that was good. I reset my Chrome browser and that didn't help. I have no idea where to go. If anyone can please help direct me on what might be causing this I would so appreciate it. I have Malwarebytes and Emsisoft and i have scanned with both and they found nothing. I also scanned with Chromes scanner and it found nothing.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Open an admin command prompt and type
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
hit enter
then type
netsh Winsock reset
hit enter
then type
ipconfig /flushdns
then type
exit
hit enter
Restart your computer
See if that works for you

Reaction score
I want to thank you for the above information. It's something I'll be saving for future use. As it turned out, I didn't need it this time. MBAM wouldn't open and I couldn't stop it either so I contacted their forum; uninstalled and reinstalled mbam with their special tool. After that browsers were still the same. But I went in and pulled the plug on my box, plugged back in, and then restarted.

After restart there was a problem with my wireless connection. I was just about to select Network Reset when something shook loose and I had Internet connection.

Just for the heck of it, I ran the network troubleshooter again and this time it said "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings." I have no idea what that means, but I've got my connection back and browsers are working great now.

Ask a Question