Browsers not working after Camera reset

Reaction score
Hello,

needing some help. My aunt uses Firefox on her Windows 10 laptop (Dell Latitude E6420) and she couldn't get her camera to work on a Messenger call even though facebook and the laptop both said the camera is working.

I did a reset of her camera app and after restarting the computer, none of her browsers work properly, including Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer. The few sites they are able to load, don't work fully and take about 5 minutes to come up. Others just time out. I have made no other changes than resetting the camera app - can anyone shed some light as to why this has happened?

Thanks,

Marii

Reaction score
Hi Marii,

it may be that you somehow changed the defaults for the camera when you did the reset, is your aunt the only user or does the PC have another user?, have you checked in system restore to see if you have any restore points to set the PC back to its previous condition?.

Open Control Panel > Recovery > Open System Restore > Next and select a restore point if you have any and follow the instructions after that:

:)

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Thanks for replying, unfortunately she hasn't created any restore points :/ that was my first port of call too. Is there anyway to check the defaults on the camera? And do you know why this would affect the browsers?

Thanks!

Marii

Reaction score
I am wondering if it is , on every browse page, trying to locate the exact location?

Have a look at these settings in the Camera utility

Ask a Question