The laptop card reader does not work

Reaction score
The internal card reader of my Acer Aspire V5 does not see the SD card, although an external reader can read it. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update. What settings are needed to determine the operation of the SD card reader?
I mention that he does not appear in Disk Management either.I installed the latest drivers for this device.

Reaction score
Could you give a little more precise info about your computer as there are dozens of different models ?
you mentioned that you installed the latest driver but are they the right ones for your card reader? Does the card reader appear in the device manager? card reader usually appear in disk management or file explorer when a card is inserted.

Reaction score
The card reader appear in the device manager,but not appear in disk management or file explorer when a card is inserted. The drivers are those recommended by Acer for my laptop and Windows 10.

My laptop is an Acer Aspire V5 573G (74508G1 Takk). The operating system is Windows 10 Pro Fall Creators Update and it is installed on a mSSD. The problem has occurred since I had Windows 8.1 and has not been fixed for any subsequent updates.

Bif

Reaction score
You say you've installed the latest driver but it doesn't show up in disc management... have you rebooted after installing?
As well, pictured below is the driver that works for quite a few of the Acer Aspires...can you tell me if that is the driver you installed?

_20171115_203738.JPG

Bif

Reaction score
My apologies, you chimed in as I was typing, if this has been happening since 8.1, I honestly don't have a clue as to why it would show up in Device Manager yet fail to work... have you contacted Acer?

Ask a Question