The laptop is stuck on rebooting

Reaction score
Hi, I need some help.
I have a Asus Windows 8 laptop and I decided to install Windows 10 two days ago
Today, I was trying to update my Kaspersky internet app on the computer and it told me that I had to reboot so I did. But it started having trouble and I got a blue screen. At first I tried to shut down and opening the laptop again but it happened the same thing. I went to troubleshoot and decided to reset the whole laptop. It was resetting but it shut down because of low battery and I tried to reboot it and ever since its showing the Logo and shutting down and then restarting again not being able to past that screen. I had to force shut down the computer to stop it from doing that but can't turn on the laptop at all. What can I do?

Reaction score
First thing I would do after charging the battery is to do a hard restart. Remove the battery, disconnect the power adapter, then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery, reconnect the power adapter and start the pc. This may be a lame and fruitless effort as loss of power when resetting is quite serious. Still, try it, can not hurt.

Reaction score
First thing I would do after charging the battery is to do a hard restart. Remove the battery, disconnect the power adapter, then hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the battery, reconnect the power adapter and start the pc. This may be a lame and fruitless effort as loss of power when resetting is quite serious. Still, try it, can not hurt.
Thanks I'll try that

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
It was resetting but it shut down because of low battery
Typically, laptops don't "shut down" but hibernate when the battery reaches a certain level and write to a file called hiberfil.sys
Nope, it didn't work
What happens now when you power up the laptop? What if anything do you see on the screen?

Ask a Question