They grow up so fast

Reaction score
I remember it fondly, was the beginning of my second 'career'.
You mean MS-DOS. I remember when the only software was a 5.25 floppy with IBM-DOS! Bill Gates hadn't yet arrived on the scene with Microsoft...

Reaction score
You mean MS-DOS. I remember when the only software was a 5.25 floppy with IBM-DOS! Bill Gates hadn't yet arrived on the scene with Microsoft...
I did a lot of work using CP/M on 8-inch single sided floppy disks on a Research Machines 380Z. Yep, I'm an old git.

Reaction score
Well MS licensed DOS to IBM so Bill Gates has arrived. Before that MS started with basic for the Altair.

Reaction score
And then there was the competition between Windows and OS/2.

I never had to work with the 8" floppies but my first computer had both 5.25" and 3.5" drives, still have an Epson combination drive.

Reaction score
And then there was the competition between Windows and OS/2.

I never had to work with the 8" floppies but my first computer had both 5.25" and 3.5" drives, still have an Epson combination drive.
Well MS and IBM worked on the OS/2 project together. In fact there was a version with Windows 3.1 built in side OS/2/ MS pulls out to work on Windows exclusively.

Reaction score
I,ve got a Commodore 64 up in my roof. After reading this thread I am tempted to pull it out and fire up Wordstar an Roger Wilco - happy memories playing with my very small kids:confused:

Ask a Question