This app has been blocked - solution needed

Reaction score
I have tried several times to add my printer but an error message keep appearing - "This app has been blocked for your protection" autorun.exe
can someone please tell me how to add my printer. Keep it simple please. thanks

Reaction score
Hi Sherlock,

also check in Settings > Apps & Features > Installing apps and make sure "Allow apps from anywhere" is showing. :)

apps & features.JPG

Reaction score
Did you download the software? if so try "right click" on the file, then towards the bottom just above "cancel" you may see "unblock" click this then try again...

Reaction score
Wolfie "Settings > Apps & Features > Installing apps and make sure "Allow apps from anywhere".
I think this must be available with the Creator Update? I don't have the update or the option you mention.
I'm stStill running version 1607 build 14393.1066

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I have tried several times to add my printer but an error message keep appearing - "This app has been blocked for your protection" autorun.exe
can someone please tell me how to add my printer. Keep it simple please. thanks
You might want to go to the printer manufacturer's support website and see if they have a newer version of the software / driver package available.
Try downloading that from that source and see if you can install by running "Setup.exe" rather that "Autorun.exe"

Reaction score
Wolfie Thanks.
Of late, I've seen several screen shots of settings etc. that I don't recognise.
It's important that members looking for help, include their Windows version.

Ask a Question