This is incredibly stupid !

Reaction score
Gabriel tweeted....................

no more prekey in new builds.jpg

So, for those who want to try the Preview build for the FIRST time will have to install over their existing Windows. They can't use the dual boot option nor vm option anymore because there will be no product key to activate and most likely no ISO will be released either.

In essence, MS is forcing those "first timers" to give up the Windows versions they are comfortable with in order to try something they may or may not like it after all.

Of course, one can always reinstall the older Windows if one does not like Win 10.
Show me one person who enjoys reinstalling OS and I'll show a person who needs a life.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Show me one person who enjoys reinstalling OS and I'll show a person who needs a life.
I do it 10-15 a year on my own PC's (doing it right now as a matter of fact). Probably 50-60 times a year total. No, I don't enjoy it, and yes it's dumb, but that's kind of the price to pay for a "free" OS upgrade.

Ask a Question