SOLVED This PC icon won't open

Reaction score
I have searched everywhere and cannot find anything directly related to this issue...so any help is appreciated. Brand new Dell Inspiron 17 3000 with Windows 10 Home. I have set up my User account and transferred all my files from the old laptop. Suddenly, I cannot get This PC icon on the home screen to open. It flashes an empty This PC screen for just a second, then goes back to the home screen. All other icons work, including Windows Explorer, Recycle, etc.. I can enter C: in the search bar on the home screen to see what is on the C drive, or D: to see what is on the external drive, but I don't understand why This PC is not working. Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

are you using the latest version of Win 10 as an upgrade may solve your problem. :)

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Yes, I am using the latest build of Windows 10, with all updates applied.
By coincidence, I resolved my problem late last night. I had started a Mozy backup installation, and didn't finish it. Apparently, that created an issue with a context menu (?) so when I uninstalled Mozy, my This PC icon began working again. ???

Ask a Question