This Was Rather Odd - Spontaneous Reboot

Reaction score
A few minutes ago I was reading some posts on a newsgroup in Windows Live Mail when my monitor screen suddenly went black. In a few seconds a "Display Port No Signal" box came on and I looked over at my CPU tower (with a window on the side cover). Just as I looked the led's on my memory quit blinking and the computer shut down. It was like a power failure except there was no power failure. A few seconds later everything lit up and instead of a reboot screen I was right back in the newsgroup looking at the post I had been reading. Firefox was still open and it was just as if the computer had not shut down. I checked windows updates and nothing happened there and there have been no updates yet today.

I'm at a total loss as to what just happened since it was not a reboot as it would normally happen with a log on screen, etc. Hasn't happened again so I pretty much doubt it was any kind of heat related issue.

Reaction score
Hadn't given that a thought Bigfeet. Sleep shouldn't have happened since I have it set for 20 minutes of inactivity and I had been moving the mouse. I reckon it could have been some kind of hitch in the gitalong that activated sleep mode. Hope it is not a recurring annoyance.

Reaction score
Mine went to sleep for no reason the other night. I have mine set to never go to sleep. It was a bit annoying, but hasn't happened since.

Ask a Question