Tiles greyed out

Bry

Reaction score
Just installed 10 pro on surface pro 3 and all worked ok but all tiles are greyed out ex. Store mail etc. Only few work. Seems like they haven't downloaded yet but when you click on tile or app just blinks quick and nothing follows not sure but seems like there should be a way to trigger apps to start downloading please help if you can.

Reaction score
Try resetting your PC to factory settings, then install Windows 10 (preferably Home) using an ISO image. There's a legal way to get the ISO by the Microsoft website but I forgot the address so you're on your own ;)

To reset factory settings:
  1. Click on Settings in start menu
  2. Click on update and security
  3. Click Recovery
  4. Click Restart
  5. When done, there should be an option for resetting to Windows 8.1
If there isn't, try a Windows CD from a Microsoft Store.

Reaction score
Just installed 10 pro on surface pro 3 and all worked ok but all tiles are greyed out ex. Store mail etc. Only few work. Seems like they haven't downloaded yet but when you click on tile or app just blinks quick and nothing follows not sure but seems like there should be a way to trigger apps to start downloading please help if you can.

I don't have a surface tablet. This method and procedures are for pc and I am relatively sure it is applicable to surface pro tablet..................

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > type wsreset > Enter.
When done, go back and try the tiles.

Reaction score
I had this. It is because those apps are out of date, usually happens if you upgrade from Windows 8.1
All you need to do is go to store, select your account picture and in the dropdown menu choose "Downloads"
Then there will be an option to update your apps.
Once all your apps are updated, they will work fine.
Hope this helps! :)

Ask a Question