Too weak M2 NVMe performance

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently bought Samsung's 970 evo plus. Unfortunately, after running samsung magician's benchmark my read/write speeds are about 850 mb/s (the normal is over 3k). My setup is 5 years old (Asus H97 Plus - i5 4460 - 8gb 1800mhz ) so i get that it's obviously bottlenecking. However i wanted to ask if you can think of any way that i can enhance the performance as much as possible. (I already changed to x4 mode from bios)

Reaction score
Hi,

there are several how-to vids on YouTube, all of which claim their method is the right one, take your pick!.

:)

Reaction score
The speed of the drive is very much determined by the driver. Since you can run the Magician software, which I see has an update for me, that means you are running it as NVMe.

I don't have your board, but the owner's manual will show what resources are shared. If those connections are overlapping, it could show down your drive. The Magician software can also check for firmware updates..

I don't know about your processor, but the number of lanes available may determine if the M.2 slot has all 4 or just 2..

I will think about this and maybe I can think of something else. My 970 Pro on a Z370 motherboard is running...
Sequential read 3476
Sequential write 2611

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently bought Samsung's 970 evo plus. Unfortunately, after running samsung magician's benchmark my read/write speeds are about 850 mb/s (the normal is over 3k). My setup is 5 years old (Asus H97 Plus - i5 4460 - 8gb 1800mhz ) so i get that it's obviously bottlenecking. However i wanted to ask if you can think of any way that i can enhance the performance as much as possible. (I already changed to x4 mode from bios)
With the system you have "that is about average speed" You need a better mobo to obtain very good speeds.
My speeds.
1586360922931.png

Reaction score
Thank you all! The problem was that my mobo's M2 speed limit was 10Gb/s. I bought a PCIe 2.0 x16 adapter and i hope this fixes the issue.

Ask a Question