Total media 3.5

Reaction score
my dear friends i bought the other day from the PC shop all new drivers for Total Media 3.5 (TV) for Windows 10. I install it correctly according to the instructions, the usb device on the desktop than the outside Antenna cable than the drivers first and finaly the software. My problem is that somethink or maybe (i guess)an up is blocking the TV signal and i cant watch at all. I put next to the desktop a TV monitor to chech the signal and the television is playing correctly when i pull out the antenna cable and put it back in the usb spot i m losing the signal..Before that desktop i have another desktop with windows xp with total media 3.0 and its working extremily fine with no interaptions or signal loss at all, thats why i bought the new version for Total Media. All the TV settings are correct and everythink is set up in the right way also i try to uninstall it and install it twice.. Is anyone know any up or somethink to help me????????????????????????????????? thank you

Reaction score
Hi Aris,

what is the make and model of your TV stick?, TV sticks normally come with their own viewing software and it isn't necessary to install (buy) 3rd party apps!.

Total Media 3.5 is for Windows 7 from around 2007/2008, from what I have read on the net, you may need to install it in Compatibility Mode!. That doesn't mean it will run correctly though!. :)

I have an Hauppage TV stick and it came with its own viewing software, you may need to look on the website of the manufacturer of your TV stick to find new software!. ;)

Reaction score
thanks for the immidiate response Wolfie

The make is Crypto and the model is H.265 but on the box it writes Windows 10 compatible so i think that the software is correct

Reaction score
Hi Aris,

is this the model?:

Clicking on the download button doesn't seem to work?

Do you have a disk that came with the stick and does that have any software on it?. :)

A pic of my TV Tuner software which came with a software package from Hauppage (downloadable but you need a licence key to install it!):

1581434301145.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
HI Wolfie
yes this is the certain model
yes of course i have a disk with the usb stick and yes of course includes the licence key to enter it with the software

Reaction score
Hi Aris,

what software is on the disk?, does it have a TV viewer app and if so which?. Did you install the drivers fro the device from the disk?.

You can try this free app from the Windows Store but I don't know if it is your language or whether it will work for your TV channels in your region?. Further, it may not be suitable to pair with a DVB-TV stick?:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/live-tv/9nblggh07tbp?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Select "Media > Stream > Capture Device > Capture mode > TV - digital > DVB-T2" then enter the channel parameters ( they vary from region to region and channel to channel depending on where you are in the world!.

1581442131116.png

See also:

Are the drivers installed correctly?, open Control Panel > Device Manager and look and see if there are any problems showing (normally a yellow circle with an exclamation mark!): MAKE SURE THE DEVICE IS PLUGGED IN TO YOUR COMPUTER!.

1581440459602.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi Wolfie
the software that contains the disk is exactly for the usb device with the certain password/licence key and i install the drivers from the included disk not from the internet.. (thats the strange think why is not working)

Reaction score
Hi Aris,

you said you bought a copy of Total Media 3,5, what viewing software came with the device?, did you try that software out before installing Total Media 3,5?. My guess is that TM3,5 isn't compatible with Win 10. De-install TM3,5 and install the viewing software that came with the device.

Is the TV signal coming from a cable (wall socket) connection or are you using the antenna stick that came with the device?. :)

Reaction score
Another thought, what is your CPU speed?, my Hauppage TV sticks needs a minimum of 2GHz (recommended), it works on a 1.7GHz CPU but breaks up all the time!. ;)

Reaction score
Hi, I hate to tell you this but Total Media 3.5 does not work with windows anymore because Microsoft has dumped Flash player completely so it will not work now since Jan 2021. You will now just get a popup saying you need flash 7 installed. If anyone has a work around I would love to hear because I can't find any other software that is like this.

Reaction score
my dear friends i bought the other day from the PC shop all new drivers for Total Media 3.5 (TV) for Windows 10. I install it correctly according to the instructions, the usb device on the desktop than the outside Antenna cable than the drivers first and finaly the software. My problem is that somethink or maybe (i guess)an up is blocking the TV signal and i cant watch at all. I put next to the desktop a TV monitor to chech the signal and the television is playing correctly when i pull out the antenna cable and put it back in the usb spot i m losing the signal..Before that desktop i have another desktop with windows xp with total media 3.0 and its working extremily fine with no interaptions or signal loss at all, thats why i bought the new version for Total Media. All the TV settings are correct and everythink is set up in the right way also i try to uninstall it and install it twice.. Is anyone know any up or somethink to help me????????????????????????????????? thank you
I have the same problem but I managed to record a test video 2.min. How I'm not really sure, I can't redo it. Somehow a default filename (which I cannot recall) came up and I clicked it and the capture started. I renamed the file to Test and I can use it, but I cannot get back the default (start) file.???? Ingo.

Reaction score
I can really only recommend using the software that came with the device (check for updates on the devices website) or try VLC.

See the link below for info on VLC. :)

Reaction score
Another TV dongle , in my case, PCTV works fine in the Arksoft 3.5 program, but the remote does not obviously.

Ask a Question