Touchpad on Asus T100 tablet is too sensitive

Reaction score
I took advantage of Microsoft's offer and upgraded to Win10 from Win 8.1.

While using the keyboard to write an email or any other document, the cursor jumps randomly around the screen and text is entered anywhere the cursor lands.

Researching the Internet for help, I discovered that the touchpad on my tablet may be over sensitive to any motion near the pad, causing the cursor to move.
Further, I think I saw on the Internet that there is an adjustment within Windows 10 allowing me to lower the sensitivity. However, I am not able to figure out how to make this adjustment.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Bill Taggart

Reaction score
there is an adjustment within Windows 10 allowing me to lower the sensitivity. However, I am not able to figure out how to make this adjustment.

Not sure how much that will help you as I use a mouse exclusively...................

Start button > Settings > select Devices > left side, select Mouse & Touchpad > right side, under Touchpad, click the pointer and select the option you want.

Reaction score
Not sure how much that will help you as I use a mouse

Thank you, David. I am still looking for a solution as I do not see any touchpad in the Settings/Mouse and Other Pointing Devices. Asus says there is no adjustment for touchpad sensitivity, and that maybe a reinstall of the touchpad driver will solve the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable, drivers for such devices are very important.
After installing the proper drivers have a look in control panel for the specific applications and see if you find a reference for "Synaptic, Elan, Alps, etc", perhaps they will have the option to adjust "Gestures"

Reaction score
as I do not see any touchpad in the Settings/Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.
Not saying that is the solution, but just to show you what I meant on my reply.....
P.S. I never mentioned Other Pointing Devices. If you don't mind reading my reply again.

Mouse and Touchpad.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi David,
I was just about to let you know that Asus had directed me to a couple of downloads - ATK and Gea stures - when I saw your latest information and screen face with the Touchpad setting. I don't have the Touchpad delay option even after installing the suggested updates from Asus. What is going on???

I guess I will just keep on trying. Maybe I will try and find a new driver for the Touchpad from within the Device Manager. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Bill

Reaction score
I am afraid I can't help you any further.
Hard to do when I don't have an Asus Transformer in front of me.

Sorry.

Reaction score
Thanks for the help you have given, David. Keep an eye on this thread, as I intend to uupdate it as I find solutions.
Regards,
Bill

Reaction score
Thanks for the help you have given, David. Keep an eye on this thread, as I intend to uupdate it as I find solutions.
Regards,
Bill

Yes, by all means, do post back for an update.
Off topic :
In the older Windows version, Windows Vista in particular, there is an option to adjust touchpad sensitivity.
I know because I was involved in the subject while I was using Windows vista. There is also such an option in Win 7 ( I think ), but no more in Win 10.

Reaction score
Interesting, David. It would seem Asus is up-to-date with their features even though that seems they have gone backward. Before receiving your latest, I posted another inquiry with Asus Support looking for more feedback from them. We shall see.
BTW, what brand of computer and version of Windows are you using? Until this latest, I thought the difference between what we each were seeing in Settings/Devices was due to the manufacturers individual features implemented in Windows.

Regards,
Bill

Reaction score
I have the same problem on my T100. It seems that if I get anywhere near the touchpad, the cursor jumps to an inconvenient spot. This seems to be much worse after upgrading to Windows 10.

As a workaround, I found a option to disable the touchpad when a mouse is installed. It's in the ASUS Smart Gesture app version 4.0.6 under the Mouse Detection tab. Since I prefer a mouse when I have space to use one, this works OK for me.

I still hope we can get a sensitivity adjustment to make the touchpad more usable.

Reaction score
Hello Bob,
As recently as yesterday, Asus or Microsoft did an extensive update of my Win 10 installation. They forgot to update the Smart Gestures to version 4.0.6. I made that update and am now satisfied with the performance witb a mouse. The touch pad is not all that important or desireable to me.
I appreciate you drawing my attention to ver. 4.0.6.
Best wishes for the Holidays,
Bill Taggart

Ask a Question