SOLVED Transferring Photos to PC

Reaction score
I've got a pair of Android phones (LG G6s) that contain lots of personal photos I would like to transfer to my PC or my laptop, both operating with Win10. Although the process of transferring photos from my phone to my PC appears to be basic and relatively simple, I have been unable to make this happen. Using a USB connection, my PC (and my laptop) fail to recognize my phone's photos. Obviously, some setting needs to be changed on my phones, right? Unfortunately, I have been unable to find that 'obvious' setting on my LG phone.

Question: Would a photo transfer APP be a suitable alternative? I'm considering Photo Transfer.

Reaction score
The only time I was successful in transferring from my wife's SmartPhone was by removing the MicroSDHC card [added storage] and putting it in an SDHC adapter then plugging into a computer.

Reaction score
powrus~

Is it just the photos or the phone in general that is not recognized by windows ?

IF it's the latter of the 2 .. when you plug in your phone to your computer .. up near the top of the phones screen .. you SHOULD see an icon pop up .. when you drag down from the top of the phone there SHOULD be a dialog that says something to the effect of tapping to change USB options.. tap that .. then choose what you want to happen when you plug into your computer ...

MINE ( LG Tribute Dynasty running Nougat) gives me 4 options :

Charging
File Transfer
Photo Transfer
Midi Device

I have mine set for File Transfer .. and my phone is recognized by windows AND I can access my photos ..

They are USUALLY saved in one of the DCIM folders either in the internal storage or SD card depending on how you have things set up .. .when you open the phone in file explorer .

The above SHOULD be the same for ALL ANDROID BASED phones ...

Good Luck ~
LoneWolf

Reaction score
powrus~

Is it just the photos or the phone in general that is not recognized by windows ?

The above SHOULD be the same for ALL ANDROID BASED phones ...

Good Luck ~
LoneWolf
My File Explorer does show the "G6" connection and when I try to open it, I get

Reaction score
Thanks for the input to my photo transfer issue. I'm marking this thread as "solved" so as not to retrace work-around steps again and again. I'll eventually try a photo transfer app to see how that works.

Reaction score
I cant offer you a solution, but, fwiw, I use the same procedure as yourself. My pkne pops up and ask if it can access pictures on my computer. This I agree to. I then get the scenario below. I drill down to the last stage in the phone, and there are the pictures, which I can then access??

Reaction score
I cant offer you a solution, but, fwiw, I use the same procedure as yourself.

Once these processes go as planned (or directed) and success prevails, it's difficult for me to understand why others can't just follow suite. More often than not anymore, however, I find myself in the [confused] seat and it's hard to make things work the way I choose. That said, the input I continue to receive from posters on this forum is second to none, with great suggestions and lots of feedback. Oftentimes, it is I who pull the plug and run out of patience with a problem.

Regarding this specific issue, I ended up using a portion of my Amazon "prime" benefits which allow me to copy an unlimited number of photos to my phone and my PC, all part of the same account. This benefit has been with me for a few years now but I wasn't aware of it until yesterday. Once this 'Prime - Transfer Photo' process began copying photos, the photos were coming out of the woodwork. Photos from WAY back and many even forgotten. I think the end number of copied photos from my phone and from my PC albums surpassed 3,000 (8 GB).

Ask a Question