SOLVED Transferring audio files from Samsung phone to PC with Windows 10

Reaction score
I don't think I've transferred recording from Samsung Galaxy to PC since installing Windows 10.

I've been able to find a stack of files I transferred some time ago, and fortunately had saved!

My phone rebooted some months ago, also since we installed Windows 10, and I lost ALL my files!! So, the recording files on my phone now are "new" ones .. that I'm now attempting to transfer to PC. Have the phone connected to PC as a media device. Have chosen "Sync digital media files to this device"

The sync process has worked for the "old" files transferred. But I'm not having success transferring the new ones.

On Windows Media Player I can see hundreds of pictures in the "card" but nothing in the "phone"

1. In order to save the pictures to the computer it says to drag items to create a list to sync. Do I drag them one at a time, or is there a way to drag the whole file (which I can't see how to do)?

2. I'm not seeing the audio files anywhere. There are 20 of them in the recording app of the phone.

Will appreciate help! This is SO holding me up from a pile of work (which I'm sure is the experience of many a frustrated operator!!)

Thanks in anticipation!!

Reaction score
As another option I attempted to load Samsung Kies on my PC. Now having a challenge with that so am talking with Samsung Support on their LiveChat. I'll post here if they're able to solve the issue, for the benefit of anyone who might have a similar challenge to mine.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Good to hear.
I assume they provided a solution?
Care to share what or how they suggested that you address the issue?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply .. sorry not to be back here since then. If I could remember what Samsung Live Chat told me, I'd love to share!!! Will do so once I try the next step: transferring photos from phone to PC!!
Am working full-time as a nurse plus in own business .. and with family coming for Christmas the To-Do List is longer than ever!!
But I do have another issue I'm about to post for help .. trying to unscramble the instructions for backing up to external drive.
Thanks!

Reaction score
You can use a professional data transfer tool. you can have a try of AirDroid, which allows you to transfer photos or pther files wirelessly.
Install it on your pc, and connect your phone with pc. Or youc an also use other android device manager to share files, transfer pictures from phone to pc.

Ask a Question