Trying to find a virus that is hard to detect that opens programs and files and closes browser tabs

Reaction score
also, any ideas which type of these kinds of things would allow a person to infiltrate my computer, and open up a browser, and type specific URL with some sort of coordinates on it? I don't want to say what it was, but is promoting something that somebody is sort of wanting me to do, but possibly also an advertisement, but not really. It is like somebody wants to tell me to do something, but it is not in my country. I reopened the browser, and looked at the history, and it seemed like a feature for that browser. I am not sure what that means, because I am in a different country. So that part may not be from the virus, but the fact that tonight, i stepped away from the computer, and three tabs were open on the browser that is never open to that specific site, and it is similar to the site that was open to at least two tabs (possibly on the same site, but I am not sure if it is the same browser or the same country). So it looked like someone did it. I am pretty sure it is some type of program used that somebody who is on the outside is using. I have limited knowledge of these types of things. I also looked up keyloggers before posting that question, and i didn't see anything regarding people typing something, but only about recording information and cursor activity. Also, i do not know if this is because of Windows or that, but when i had put my system in sleep mode last, and took it out, the touchpad shut down. So I updated the driver for that, and then the keyboard didn't work. I used system restore, and windows said it didn't restore windows, but the touchpad and keyboard started working again, but then i noticed what i just mentioned. As I said previously, this activity of stuff opening and closing, it doesn't have a specific pattern, and the URLs being opened, this is only the second time, and previously it had happened before quarantining the trojan. I noticed that after my last Windows Update, my previous system restore points were deleted.

Reaction score
My best advice to you, given the range of issues that you seem to be experiencing, is to backup your user data and do a fully clean reinstall of WIndows. If you do have a malware infection (and I'm still not convinced that you do) this will definitely clear it.

Reaction score
But how will backing up potentially infected important data protect that data, the external hard drive, and the newer laptop? I don't understand why it is so hard to believe for so many people that there is something on my laptop that is allowing somebody externally to access it. I do know somebody personally that had a keylogger with similar problems, and one of the quarantined viruses had caused similar symptoms from my research. I know of types of viruses that have to be downloaded that can cause some of these problems, but not all of them. I do know that hackers can get to people's computers by IP addresses and ports, and viruses can be downloaded to monitor peoples computers, as can malware. keyloggers are not always detected, and neither are certain viruses. But security software conflicts and sofware and hardware conflicts do not cause personally identifying photos and documents to be constantly opened (though they did not have any financial information), then adobe programs to be opened randomly, lists of microsoft accounts to be opened, then navigation to a wifi connection while offline, folders to be opened in sleep mode, the cursor to be moving up and down in the login screen, things to open in airplane mode by themselves, and websites to open in a browser that is not open when i am not using my laptop. All of these things tend to happen at random times, and seem to happen like somebody is doing it in their free time. It is not logical that it is due to security software conflicts, or bugs in software, etc. I also just ran Spybot: Search and Destroy: Free Version, but I do not understand the results. It is showing tons of registry changes for the most part, one PUP, and some text file. I do not know if any of those show anything that may show that there is some underlying thing that is giving access to a hacker. I know that I edited the registry myself, and tried to install a driver update. Some of these things could be by Windows. Potentially Unwanted Programs are not necessarily harmful.

Reaction score
I agree with ubuysa. That is really your only option. If your data is infected, there really isn't anything that's going to fix that. Backup what data you absolutely need, and reinstall windows from scratch. Your system is messed up already. You're way over thinking this. You could be chasing a fix for years. Reinstalling windows fixes it now. Beyond that, I doubt you'll find any other answers here. But good luck. I hope something can resolve your issue.

Reaction score
It is very simple run offline scan no usb/external storage required you did not understand what i said in my previous in very plain words go to defender hit scan options then defender offline scan then accept thee allow this app to make changes to your device then it will sign you out and restart your computer then if it does remove it REFORMAT YOUR HARDDRIVE AND REINSTALL WINDOWS 10!

Reaction score
Alright I have read most of what`s here. It is all good however, this is what I would do. First backup or save to an external hard drive or usb flash drive everything you do not wish to lose. Make sure Windows Defender is the only antivirus software installed. Run Defender. Use a different computer to download superantispyware free addition. I know not many think much of this antivirus software, but it found a stubborn one that microsoft offline scanner could not. If neither of these find anything. Remove your hard drive and hook it up to an external usb using an external hd case with the adapter that`s included. I found one on ebay pretty cheap around 7 or 8 dollars. Then using the good computer scan the whole drive. Maybe scan it while in safe mode. Whatever is on the drive will not be able to affect anything because your Windows is not actually running. Also scan the flash drive or whatever you used to save all the files you did not wish to lose. If you still cannot find anything then reinstall your OS with a clean install. Then move all the files you did not want to lose, one at a time, scanning each one before and after moving it back to your hard drive. If you still have weird crap taking place, then I only joke here to make you smile " There is a GHOST IN THE MACHIENE! " I have little stickers on all my PC`s of ghost I got at Halloween just because of things like this. I hope you figure it out before it makes you go INSAIN. Good Luck!

Ask a Question