Unable to install Google Chrome on windows 10

Reaction score
what do you do when a problem like this happen on your mac ... ? you will switch system for linux hahaha

It's Nov 2016 and i have the same problem. Today i bought a HP laptop and tried to install google chrome. It failed over and over. Tomorrow i'm taking the laptop back to JB hi-fi for a complete refund. Is the problem Windows 10? Is it HP? It doesn't matter. The hassle isn't worth it. I already have a macbook pro and tomorrow I'll ditch the MS junk and move into mac big time.I don't need this hassle.

Reaction score
I had this same issue, and found out that it was my antivirus that was interfering with the install. I had to enter McAffee (automatically installed on my DELL system), and turn off Virus and Spyware Protection as well as Firewall. So stupid...
Likewise... I had the same issue. I uninstalled the antivirus and Chrome installed easily.

Reaction score
I have made repeated attempts to download and install Google Chrome onto windows 10. I have tried multiple actions according to web sites. It downloads but when I try to access, I get an error message that says the web page cannot be found. I have been told that Firefox will not allow install due to incompatibility issue. I tried contacting Microsoft but cannot get through due to HIGH level of phone traffic. I am not able to get to answer desk for unknown reason. Is there anyway I can get past this incompatibility issue that according to Microsoft; "They are working on it". I want to make Google Chrome Default Browser.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus. This problem is NOT unique to Windows 10. Over the years I have run into it a number of times with different versions of Windows.

Reaction score
I had issues with Chrome after upgrading to the new Malwarebytes. If Malwarebytes (Premium) is running i get messages that all the extensions have been disabled then Chrome comes up up nothing works. Settings doesn't even come up. It won't let me uninstall and reinstall. But if I say close Malwarebytes Chrome works fine. Malwarebytes doesn't affect Chrome at all on my Surface Book. I've posted this on the Chrome forum.

Ask a Question