Unable to install Google Chrome on windows 10

Reaction score
I had this same issue, and found out that it was my antivirus that was interfering with the install. I had to enter McAffee (automatically installed on my DELL system), and turn off Virus and Spyware Protection as well as Firewall. So stupid...

Reaction score
FWIW the current Chrome Version 50.0.2661.75 m (64-bit) installs and runs properly on W10.

Reaction score
I do my utmost to avoid sites that use Flash...although it is unavoidable. The sooner it is gone the better. I don't understand what you mean by 'push a plugin to the limit'

Reaction score
its working nice here

but on insider its for professionnel and you agree on bug ...because its a beta ... they need you for corrected it

Reaction score
If you facing any issues with your google chrome browser visit http://www.omtechhelpcom.com/google-chrome-customer-support.php and resolve your google chrome related technical issues such as issues google chrome download issues google chrome security issues google chrome issues on mac google chrome issues with windows 8 google chrome issues with youtube google chrome issues on surface pro google chrome issues with outlook google chrome issues windows 7 and other google chrome related issues,

Reaction score
I'm assuming everyone having problems here is running the actual free upgrade and not an insider's beta version. I've been running Chrome (the regular download) with absolutely no problems. My Google apps are working just fine as well.

Reaction score
I have exhausted myself doing EVERYTHING trying to make Chrome work. Google help is useless. It won't run, just opens a page giving the notorious message "Aw, Snap". I have given up and will avoid Google software in future.

T_J

Reaction score
I'm assuming everyone having problems here is running the actual free upgrade and not an insider's beta version.

Edge 25.10586.0.0 and Chrome 53.0.2785.116m (64 bit) both work great on my Windows 10 Home v1511 b10586.586. Chrome was installed in W7; Chrome survived W10 free upgrade; updated Chrome in settings, about.

Link below (on Application Page) has browser performance data for W7, W8.1, and W10. Aug 10, 2015 article. http://www.techspot.com/review/1042-windows-10-vs-windows-8-vs-windows-7/

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Maybe they wanna push us to use Edge ;)
Who Google and Firefox. Firefox and Chrome work fine with my 2 Windows 10 machines. Pale Moon (Firefox compatible) even works fine. If Firefox doesn't work in Windows 10 MS isn't who you contact. You contact Firefox since it's their application.

Reaction score
Who Google and Firefox. Firefox and Chrome work fine with my 2 Windows 10 machines. Pale Moon (Firefox compatible) even works fine. If Firefox doesn't work in Windows 10 MS isn't who you contact. You contact Firefox since it's their application.
I did, (actually Chrome via Google). No help whatever, I was sent round and around a circular trip. No answer to my post. The error has been widespread in 2015 to current.

EDIT: Have a look at:

https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/persistent-google-chrome-failure.10533/#post-50240

My post at 7. Not ideal but it works.

Last edited:

DGG

Reaction score
11/08/2016
I have tried to load chrome for days, download starts and shows 5hrs to go, then gets to max 14% and loses connection

My setup:
Clean install of Win 10 home, Ver 1607 (Build 14393.351)
4gb memory (tested), 256gb SSD Drive, 2.2 ghz dual core processor, 64 bit
Antivirus turned off
Router pass thru setup is good, using for 3 computers & multiple devices
All hardware drivers checked for latest version
MS troubleshooter.. No issues
WIFI troubleshooter, No issues
Chrome Running on 3 other computers, 1 w-pro, 2 w-home all with chrome already installed before upgrade to WinVer 1607

1. I down loaded CHROME loader to Win-pro pc using version 1607. Moved loader to USB stick and onto this pc. Same results

2. Tried all links and suggestions in this forum, with no success.

3. MS Edge is extremely slow for all searches.. I have to refresh the page to get it to display at times
- A search for google.com gives a blank page asking “where to next? “ after 3 refreshes it will display
the google page
- Other websites display on first try, but very slooooowly
- Chrome & Firefox seem to be blocked!
- Opera downloaded, howbeit very slowly on this PC
- Opera downloaded & installed on my Win10-pro within seconds
- Using Opera and google search engine for Microsoft.com and bing.com responded quickly
but searching for google.com took longer.

4. Google recently revealed a bug in Win-10 and may have caused MS to respond badly

Any more ideas?

Reaction score
It's Nov 2016 and i have the same problem. Today i bought a HP laptop and tried to install google chrome. It failed over and over. Tomorrow i'm taking the laptop back to JB hi-fi for a complete refund. Is the problem Windows 10? Is it HP? It doesn't matter. The hassle isn't worth it. I already have a macbook pro and tomorrow I'll ditch the MS junk and move into mac big time.I don't need this hassle.

Reaction score
It's Nov 2016 and i have the same problem. Today i bought a HP laptop and tried to install google chrome. It failed over and over. Tomorrow i'm taking the laptop back to JB hi-fi for a complete refund. Is the problem Windows 10? Is it HP? It doesn't matter. The hassle isn't worth it. I already have a macbook pro and tomorrow I'll ditch the MS junk and move into mac big time.I don't need this hassle.
See my posts at #31 and #34. I keep Chrome as a backup if my current browser fails (as they do). It is Edge, which works fine.

Its surprising that Google have not responded to this Chrome problem. Perhaps they don't look at the outside world.

Reaction score

***************** RESOLVED: Thank you Bliznik! ******************

RESOLUTION: Disable Mcaffee Scanning and Firewall. Now try installing Chrome.

CONFIRMED ON: a brand new Lenovo tablet running Windows 10

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have Mcaffee and my Chrome problem continues (posts 30 & 31).

Ask a Question