Unable to use my scanner with Windows 10

Reaction score
Does anyone know what to download and from where to get my scanner working with Windows 10? My scanner is a Canoscan LiDE200 and it wont work since I installed Windows 10.

Reaction score
Oh, thankyou for taking the time to advise. Yes, looks like I need a new one!!

Reaction score
I went to the canon drivers website this is what it said
Unfortunately your device is no longer supported under the selected operating system. Please feel free to view our current range of available products.

This product is compatible with the following operating systems -

• Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)
  • Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
  • Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
  • OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
  • OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
  • OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
  • Windows 2000 (32-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32-bit)
  • Windows 7 (64-bit)
  • Windows 8 (32-bit)
  • Windows 8 (64-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
  • Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
  • Windows Vista (32-bit)
  • Windows Vista (64-bit)
  • Windows XP (32-bit)
  • Windows XP (64-bit)

Reaction score
I have a Canoscan 5600F which is unfortunately discontinued but the 9000F is the successor and costs the same as I have paid for mine (which works with Windows 10) 4 years ago..

Reaction score
I have used it for a friends ancient Canon scanner on Windows 10. It is not fancy but it works.

Reaction score
out of curiosity: does this software come with the drivers??

Would it not be a better way to get an older device going, by creating drivers for newer systems?? Just my personal opinion. I know there are a lot of devices out there that will not or just minimal work with Windows 10, I have a few myself. Sometimes it works when the driver or software is installed in "Compatibility mode"..

Reaction score
Vuescan uses the standard scanner protocol over USB. Twain. Therefore as long as there are USB drivers on the PC, to actually drive the port, it will work. No low level drivers required. I am sure there are cases where it will not but I am pretty sure that Canon scanner s and ancient HP scanners do.

Reaction score
Would it not be a better way to get an older device going, by creating drivers for newer systems??
Yes. BUT, regardless of some calling it planned obsolescence, the issue appears to be that once a product is no longer produced or sold there is no money coming in to pay the programmers to keep the software up-to-date and compatible with the more frequent changes of operating systems, companies would have to take resources away from newer products.

Reaction score
out of curiosity: does this software come with the drivers??....
I've been using Hamrick's Vuescan since Windows 7. My Acer scanner is 20 years old. It works with just about every known scanner with a USB interface. It is the driver software & works with all software that "acquires scanner". You can try before you buy. The pro license costs more but never expires.
https://www.hamrick.com/

Reaction score
Why are we arguing about this? Vuescan is not perfect but like Buckleys cough mixture...it just works.

Reaction score
IF there's any possibility of the scanner working in Win10 it should show up in Start, W, Windows Accessories, Windows Fax and Scan, usually wants a TWAIN driver.

Reaction score
I think a more accurate statement would be: If there is any possibility of Windows 10 being able to deal with a scanner itself it would show up as you say.

Ask a Question