up date KB316908 12-02-1215

Michael Bell

Mickey B
Reaction score
automatic up date installed and now I have a issue , network icon is not on my system taskbar . I looked it is turned on but that icon is blank.
right after up date nothing was working window key , action center icon so I restarted my computer it REALLY was slow but finally everything was up and running.
Edge works , mail works but no icon , why? I looked at recent updates installed this was the one from today. Any ideals?

Reaction score
I assume you do have an internet connection?

Try, for starters, Clicking the Start - Settings - System - Notifications and actions -
At the top, in faint print, it says "Select which icons appear on the taskbar"
Select this, and see if you have the "Network" icon "On"

Reaction score
Just did the update and whatever was updated makes no visible difference to my PC

Winver now says 10586.17

I see there is a massive .csv file available with update details. By the look of the data in the file one can tell which particular updates apply... although you might need detailed knowledge of Windows internals to make any sense of it

Last edited:
Reaction score
Maybe one day MS will let us know what they are putting on our machines.

Reaction score
automatic up date installed and now I have a issue , network icon is not on my system taskbar . I looked it is turned on but that icon is blank.
right after up date nothing was working window key , action center icon so I restarted my computer it REALLY was slow but finally everything was up and running.
Edge works , mail works but no icon , why? I looked at recent updates installed this was the one from today. Any ideals?
Did you restart yet? Try a few of those.

Last edited:

Ask a Question