Update for 1803, KB4462933

Reaction score
This update came out today on my two 1803 systems. The list of fixes is almost two pages long.

Perhaps this is a precursor to 1809, whenever it is released again to the public...

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I don't have an 1803 machine left, so IDK.
All quite as to the Release Preview Ring no cumulative update for a while now and no comments from Dona.
Six days left in October so maybe Tuesday the 30th???

Reaction score
Strange. I've checked several times over the last couple days and no updates. I checked 20 minutes ago and zero. I did a check after I read your post & nothing. I just tried it again and this time it took. I'm downloading the KB4462933.
After reading of the enjoyment others have had with the original Fall Update, something is telling me to put the brakes on as to taking these major updates as soon as they come out.

Reaction score
Hi Lawrence. What ver build is showing You may be, like many of us, lucky enough to already have a succesful update

Annotation.png

Reaction score
Actually I still have 1803. Still downloading here because the Internet speed is like cold molasses going up hill sideways in the wintertime, but it isn't the big one.

Reaction score
ix days left in October so maybe Tuesday the 30th???
I hope they get this done, but since they have technically already released the build, they may not feel pressure to get it done by the end of the month.

If you think about it, Insiders had the new builds for 6 months. It seems now they need a full month to repair this new build for full public compatibility... I wonder if it might really be one or two big items or many smaller ones..

As a side note, with 17763, I have been seeing strange internet behavior with slowdowns and pages not being available.. In one instance it helped to reboot everything but the problem came back the next day. I will wait and see how it goes in the future.

Reaction score
seeing strange internet behavior with slowdowns and pages not being available.
In an obtuse manner, I am happy to read that! I have been experienced the same in the 1809. Been wasting a lot of time looking for vasties or bugs, cleaned out spam and cookies...etc.

Reaction score
This update came out today on my two 1803 systems. The list of fixes is almost two pages long.

Perhaps this is a precursor to 1809, whenever it is released again to the public...

On one of my pc's it will not update with this one. Have run the troubleshooter already but could not find anything.
Ran the "windows 10 update troubleshooter 170509.diagcab" and its telling me, my database is corrupt but wont do anything about it (not fixed). Gonna try manual update.....

T_J

Reaction score
My 2012 Dell desktop (originally had Windows 7) installed '2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4462933)' on Wednesday Oct 24. I like Windows 10, but don't look forward to the twice per year big updates.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm running 1809.55 with no problems, I just hope MS don't fix for me what ain't broke. All my bloatware and unnecessary apps are gone and Macrium is on hand just in case. ;)

Reaction score
Maybe the "latest" is that MS has successfully addressed the issue. I have just completed the update of two 1803 systems with no issues.

Ask a Question