update for - STMicroelectronics - Other hardware - STMicroelectronics 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer.

BEH

Reaction score
I very recently received an update notification re:
STMicroelectronics - Other hardware - STMicroelectronics 3-Axis Digital Accelerometer.

Before I accept the install, does anyone have an idea of whether I should ? I have no idea what the install will do...
The notification msg reads in part - 'We need to do a separate installation to complete the update..."
I am running Windows 10 - 1607 and as far as I know I'm uptodate...

thanks

Reaction score
You have one of these? Perhaps built in to a laptop? (to park the disk drive if you drop it. Some IBM and HP laptops used to have such a thing) Unless you know for sure you might care to see if such a device is in device manager.

BEH

Reaction score
Hi Tom... any idea what I should look for ? I see one unknown device - 'on PCI Express Root Complex' which
doesn't have a driver and the mfg is unknown as well... other than that I've flying blind... my laptop is a 5 yr old Dell..
I have no idea whay this is popping up now... is there any way to perm. bypass this update ?
thanks

Reaction score
This is coming via Windows update right? Not by an email of something. If the latter I'd ignore it. If it is via Windows then maybe. STMicroelectronics have a website with a support page and a page where you could ask them what it is and what is doing in your machine. I think I'd do that.

They make these things quite specifically for mobile electronics.

Ask a Question