Update Interupted

Reaction score
I restored crash from original backup and ran updates
After 2 passes it stoped and give me an error :
-----------------------------
Your device is at risk because it’s out of date and missing important security and quality updates. Let’s get you back on track so Windows can run more securely. Select this button to get going:
---------------------------------------------

IO ran Troubleshooting and that did not help

My System is Dell XPS 8920
SSD 500 GB
RAM 40 GB

Attachments

• 2019-11-01.png
    2019-11-01.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 156
Reaction score
What build of Windows 10 are you running??

Sometimes it helps when windows defender is updated from within first instead of going through Windows Update...

Regedit32

Reaction score
You can get that message in Red if your Computer Configuration is blocking Telemetry.

To check and change this you can try the following:
  • In the Cortana search box type gpedit.msc and hit Enter to open the Group Policy Editor
  • On the left pane expand to following location:

Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates | Windows Components — then select Data Collection and Preview Builds

• Now, on right pane located and double-left-click on Allow Telemetry
  • In the dialog that opens select Enable then in the Options field below select 2 - Enhanced
  • Click Apply then click OK
  • Close the Group Policy Editor

• Next, type cmd into the Cortana search box then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter keys together simultaneously
  • When prompted by the UAC click yes
  • At the elevated command prompt type gpupdate /force then press Enter key to execute command.
  • Type exit and press Enter key

Once that is done, assuming the issue resolves itself, you can then run some updates, and reverse the changes made in your Group Policy Editor afterwards.

Reaction score
If the procedure that Regedit32 does not work, you can always get up to date using the Upgrade assistant or the Media Creation Tool. You can get both here:

This will get you to the most recent Version 1903 a.k.a. May 2019 update, although if you wait a few more days you may be able to get the new version 1909 which is suppose to come out this month...

Reaction score
I could not download windows 1903. after completing 100 % downloading it display green screen showing stop code. it says something like lll.sys stop code. please help

Ask a Question